Friday, June 21, 2013

Products I Use for Rosacea


It took a lot of trial and error for me to find these products, but they are the ones that work for me.  If you have any product suggestions, please leave them in the comments.


1.     Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar.  Get the bar, and make sure it’s not the antibacterial one.  It’s gentle, and it’s cheap.  It won’t irritate your skin.

2.     Cetaphil Moisturizer with SPF 15.  I use this every day, and it really helps build up a moisture barrier on my skin.  Like the cleansing bar, it’s gentle and cheap.

3.     Cetaphil Moisturizer with SPF 50.  I use this when I know I’ll be in the sun.  I apply it before exercising outdoors, or doing any kind of outdoor activity.  The texture of this moisturizer isn’t as nice as the SPF 15 one, but it’s still gentle and effective.

4.     CeraVe Cream.  I don’t use this all of the time, but if my skin feels really dry, it works wonders!  Great as a night cream, and one bottle lasts forever.

5.     Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Makeup.  This stuff covers up the redness like no other.  And, it doesn’t irritate my skin.  I use this on my red areas.

6.     Mac StudioFix powder.  This is supposed to be a foundation, but I use it more like a powder.  Great coverage, and non-irritating.  If you go to a Mac counter, they can help you find the right shade.  If they tell you that you’re not supposed to use a lot of it, ignore them.  This stuff is great for maximum coverage.  It’s pricier, but it’s worth it.

7.     Finacea.  This is a prescription-only medication.  If you aren’t already taking it, I would try to make other changes first before going to a prescription medication.  Of course, you need to consult with your doctor about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment